5880 S. Hospital Drive | Globe, Arizona 85501
Hospital: (928) 425-3261
Physical Therapy Program
Whether you are an injured athlete, a construction worker who was injured on the job, an office worker with aches and pains, or a child with a developmental delay - CVRMC Physical Therapy has the expertise and desire to help you get back to doing the things you enjoy sooner!
What is Physical Therapy?You may have been referred to physical therapy for any one of hundreds of possible problems, but the goal of physical therapy remains very simple: to help you return to full function. Physical therapists have a variety of tools and techniques at their disposal to help increase strength and mobility, improve balance and coordination, and promote healing. Your treatment may include:
Stretches & exercises
Manual therapy including massage and soft tissue/joint mobilization
Functional Dry Needling
What Can CVRMC Physical Therapy Offer Me?First and foremost, CVRMC PT is committed to providing you with the best rehab experience you've ever had. Our skilled and compassionate therapists are highly motivated to assist you in reaching your goals as soon as possible. Our mission is your health!
Quality and results! CVRMC Physical Therapy has been recognized for placing in the Top 10% in Quality of Care nationally in 2012, 2017, and 2018, according to PRC Surveys.
Each of our therapists have earned their Doctor of Physical Therapy degree and obtained additional specialty training and/or certifications to further develop expertise
All appointments are 1:1 with a Physical Therapist so that we may provide our undivided attention to you and your rehabilitation
Flexible scheduling to meet your needs
Spacious facility equipped with modern equipment and technology
Private treatment/evaluation rooms
Our mission is to meet the unique and ever-changing needs of our community with the highest quality of rehabilitation; therefore we have strived to further develop our expertise in a variety of treatment areas, including, but not limited to:
Orthopedic and Post-Surgical Rehab
Sports and Work-Related Injuries
Spinal Cord Injuries
Cardiac Physical Therapy
Women's Health and Pelvic Floor Physical Therapy
Vertigo and Post-Concussion Treatment
Lymphedema/Complete Decongestive Therapy (coming soon!)
What to Expect at Your First VisitYour initial evaluation, will generally last 45-60 minutes. You and your physical therapist will review your medical history. Specific tests and measurements will be completed to determine the nature and the extent of the problem in question. Together, you and your therapist will establish a treatment plan, and future visits will be scheduled. For your first visit please bring your prescription for physical therapy, if you have it, and your insurance card. Please plan to wear loose, comfortable clothing that allows easy access to the part of the body that will be treated (knee, shoulder, low back, etc.) The CVRMC Physical Therapy Clinic is located in the Cobre Valley Medical Plaza, which is the building at the entrance to the Cobre Valley Regional Medical Center complex. The southern entrance to our building (across from the old main entrance to the Hospital) is handicap accessible. Our clinic is located in Suite 107 between Canyonlands Healthcare and the VA.
Hours of Operation: Monday - Friday 8 A.M. - 6:30 P.M.
Direct telephone number: (928) 402-1280
Direct FAX number: (928) 402-1284
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)Do I have to have a prescription from my doctor to come to physical therapy?
- Not necessarily, in fact most commercial/private insurances do not require a prescription for you to come to see a physical therapist. This is called "Direct Access". Please contact us at (928)402-1280 for a free review of your specific insurance requirements.
Do you take my insurance?
- We are proud to accept a large number of insurance providers. Please contact us at (928)402-1280 for a free review of your specific insurance requirements.
Do I need to have imaging (x-ray, MRI, CT, etc.) before my initial evaluation?
- Imaging is not a pre-requisite to receiving physical therapy. As a Doctor of Physical Therapy, your therapist is capable of completing a thorough evaluation and examination that is meant to screen and determine your appropriateness for further participation in physical therapy.
Is physical therapy painful?
- For many of our patients, the initial or primary goal of physical therapy is pain relief. This is frequently accomplished with hands-on techniques, modalities (such as heat/ice, electric stimulation, ultrasound, etc.), gentle stretching, and/or movement. Our goal is to always make you as comfortable as possible during your therapy with the understanding that, in some circumstances, physical therapy can be painful. It is important to communicate with your therapist about the frequency, intensity, and duration of your symptoms as they develop during or following treatment so that your therapist may effectively adjust your treatment plan to control pain and progress towards your therapy goals.
Can I choose my therapist and will I remain on their schedule?
- Yes! Please talk with our front office when scheduling your evaluation and follow-up appointments if you prefer a certain therapist and/or to remain on their schedule. No preference? Rest assured that ALL of our therapists are highly skilled and eager to assist you in your rehabilitation!
Are services available for those that don't speak English?
- Yes! CVRMC PT utilizes a medically-trained translator service that allows for video or audio communication for hundreds of languages.
What our patients are saying!
(I'd like to update our patient reviews from the interviews conducted a few months ago. I can also pull reviews from the PRC surveys as well!)
The Physical Therapy Department at Cobre Valley Regional Medical Center has been serving the local community on a full-time basis for over 20 years. During this time, the Physical Therapy Department has been able to establish itself as the "clinic of choice" for those in our community requiring rehabilitative services. Physical Therapy at CVRMC provides comprehensive health care services for a variety of outpatient orthopedic needs ranging from generalized joint pain to post-surgical rehabilitation and sports injury recovery. Dr. Chandra, a CVRMC Hospitalist, and Globe Fire Chief, Al Gameros are a few locals who have greatly benefited from the spine care at CVRMC PT. "In a couple of weeks, I experienced a dramatic recovery," states Dr. Chandra. "I have utilized the services of the Physical Therapy Department team at Cobre Valley Regional Medical Center twice in the past couple of years. Both times I have received highly professional and outstanding services with positive end results," states Al Gameros, Globe Fire Chief. "The Physical Therapy Department has the top of the line equipment to treat patients of various injuries. The most important part of the therapy is that I was taught how to perform specific therapy for my injury using manual traction techniques which do not require expensive equipment at home. The services offered by CVRMC Physical Therapy staff are outstanding and top of the line."